[Solved] Language for default document

Using them, Making them, Finding them
lemonphenomenon

[Solved] Language for default document

Post by lemonphenomenon »

I have only one default template in the My Templates folder. If I open it with cmd+O or by double clicking on it, a new document (Untitled 1) opens with language for all text showing at the foot of the document as English (UK). But if I have OpenOffice open, cmd+N or File > New > Text Document from the menu open a new document with Spanish (Spain) as the language. Can I fix it so that cmd+N opens an English language document?
I'm using OpenOffice 4.1.15 on a Mac 10.13.6
Last edited by lemonphenomenon on Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Mac OS 10.13.6
MrProgrammer

Re: language for default document

Post by MrProgrammer »

lemonphenomenon wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:01 am Can I fix it so that cmd+N opens an English language document?
File → Templates → Organize → Select your English template → Commands → Set as default template. The default template is the one which is used for new document when you do not use any other template. You can declare individual default template for Writer, Calc, Impress, and Draw. If you need more details, it's best to read the documentation, link below.
Setting a default template (and other sections of Chapter 3, shown in upper right when you open the link)

lemonphenomenon wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:01 am I'm using OpenOffice 4.1.15 on a Mac 10.13.6
The signature in your post is: LibreOffice 6.3.5.2 on Mac OS 10.12.6. Please fix your forum signature in lemonphenomenon (upper right) → User Control Panel → Profile → Edit Signature.
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
lemonphenomenon

Re: [Solved] Language for default document

Post by lemonphenomenon »

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, MrProgrammer. Your advice worked immediately.
OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Mac OS 10.13.6