[Solved] Scan page limit?

Discuss the drawing application
rager

[Solved] Scan page limit?

Post by rager »

Hello, I'm using Draw 7.4.3.2 x64 Windows 11. I suspect my problem is probably with Windows rather than Draw - but here it is: I'm scanning a book, the first 23 pages are all fine but when I tried to scan p24, I get P23 again. I've tried restarting my PC and the scanner, same problem.

I've also tried scanning using the Windows Scanning tool - exactly the same problem, which is why I suspect it's a Windows problem.

Yes, I have triple checked that I have turned the page - it is indeed p24 that I'm scanning - but the image is still p23.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OOo 3.4.0 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Scan page limit?

Post by Hagar Delest »

If you scan by batches of 20 pages, restarting the application after each batch, what happens? It may be a memory issue.

You should update your forum signature. 7.4 means that you're now using LibreOffice.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If scanning a book I typically scan in chunks of 20 opes of the book, which permits the scanning task to be carried out intermittently over a few days.

I work on Linux, so am using different scanning apps to Windows, and would always scan using a dedicated app, rather than direct into Writer/Draw.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
rager

Post by rager »

All rather strange - I've never had a problem scanning far more pages in the past, directly into Draw.

After tearing my heair out, I finally did a "Printer reset" and the problem is fixed.
OOo 3.4.0 on Windows 7