I have JRE, but Base shows JRE not installed

Creating and using forms
Debayan

I have JRE, but Base shows JRE not installed

Post by Debayan »

I have JRE installed.

Java details :

java version "1.8.0_401"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_401-b10)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.401-b10, mixed mode)

My open office version is 4.1.15
open office version is 4.1.15
operating system is windows 10
RoryOF

Re: I have JRE , but base showss jre not installed

Post by RoryOF »

With OpenOffice you need a 32 bit Java

For some instructions see
viewtopic.php?p=523770#p523770
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: I have JRE , but base showss jre not installed

Post by Zizi64 »

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.401-b10, mixed mode)

My open office version is 4.1.15
The Windows version of the Apache OpenOffice is a 32 bit software. It requests 32 bit Java.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RPG
Volunteer

Re: I have JRE, but Base shows JRE not installed

Post by RPG »

Is it possible that there is something changed in ApcheOffice 4.1.15. On my linux system I have ApacheOffice and LibreOffice all 64 bits. In some new versions of ApacheOffice I do get problems with java. I could solved the problem when I download an other java version. This java version I did download from adoptium.net. When this version of java was installed I did have no more problems.
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
cmanley23

Re: I have JRE, but Base shows JRE not installed

Post by cmanley23 »

I have the solution to fix this Java runtime problem after running into this today on some remote Windows 10 and 11 workstations that couldn't open files in OpenOffice. Make sure you have the 32bit version of Java installed... if you goto the Java website the offline 50+ MB installer is the 32bit one. After you have it installed make sure OpenOffice has been completely closed first before doing this. Navigate to... C (main OS drive) > Program Files (x86) > Java > jre-xxx (xxx is the version number) > bin . Click on the navigation bar and save this file path and then do a search on the computer for System Properties or Advanced System Settings and open it. Make sure your on the Advanced tab and then click on the Environment Variables button in the bottom right corner. Then in the new window that pops up, double click on Path in the bottom section of the window. In the Edit Environment window click the New button and then paste in the file path from above to the "Java bin folder". Then click OK in all the windows to close them out, and then open up OpenOffice Base. Then goto Tools > Options and then click on Java in the list... give it a couple seconds and you should see the Java plugin populate in the right panel.

Hope this helps everyone out!
OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Windows 11 Pro 23H2