[Solved] MacOS will not open OpenOffice.app

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
apache2023

[Solved] MacOS will not open OpenOffice.app

Post by apache2023 »

Followed the direction to move 4.1.15 dmg to macOS 12.7.2 application folder. But dmg remains and cannot be opened. Cannot find original Apache Open Office in trash.

“OpenOffice” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

So, seems like two issues: cannot verify developer. Cannot open any Apache app because cannot find and move out of trash.

Appreciate help to recover many files. Thanks.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice4.1.15 with macOS 12.7.2
MrProgrammer

Re: [Solved] MacOS will not open OpenOffice.app

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. But you should have created your own topic instead of posting in one which belongs to someone else because:
• the original one, from January 2021, does not concern dmg remains and cannot be opened,
• the original one is marked [Solved] and so if you had the same problem you could use the same solution.

Do not post in another person's topic unless you are helping to solve their problem for them.

apache2023 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:50 pm Followed the direction to move 4.1.15 dmg to macOS 12.7.2 application folder. But dmg remains and cannot be opened.
You are not supposed to put the DMG file in the /Applications folder. It is only for APP files.
Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?

apache2023 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:50 pm cannot verify developer
Q05: The Gatekeeper won't let me run OpenOffice. How do I proceed?

apache2023 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:50 pm Cannot find original Apache Open Office in trash.
If you are unable to find the DMG file, just download it again instead of spending further time on this. Q03 explains the procedure.

apache2023 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:50 pm cannot find and move out of trash
Read Apple's instructions for working with the Trash (Finder → Help → MacOS help → Search → Trash). Your inability to find or move a file is not an OpenOffice problem.

apache2023 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:50 pm cannot be opened
cannot verify developer
I believe if you carefully follow the procedure in Q03, you will get OpenOffice installed. Thousands of others have. But cannot isn't helpful in the forum because it tells us what did not happen. We would need to know exactly what actions you took, what did happen, and what you expected to happen. We often find that it didn't work sentences mean it didn't do what I expected and the real problem is that your computer is behaving correctly but your expectations are incorrect. To help you solve the problem we would need to know your expectations.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Hagar Delest

Re: MacOS will not open OpenOffice.app

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10