[Solved] Line Spacing Settings Ignored

Discuss the word processor
Fubble

[Solved] Line Spacing Settings Ignored

Post by Fubble »

I can't fix this line spacing, even though I've set the line spacing to 0 under "Indents and Spacing". The bottom two lines are correct, but I can't make the other lines match. I've removed all formatting.
Thx
Attachments
Spacing.PNG
Spacing.PNG (9.53 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Last edited by Fubble on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Windows 10, OpenOffice 4.1.14
FJCC

Re: Line Spacing Settings Ignored

Post by FJCC »

It is hard to say what the problem is without seeing the actual document. Please upload a writer file with text showing the problem.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Fubble

Post by Fubble »

Example.odt
(12.03 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Hopefully the file attached successfully.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

The first paragraph and list are in the Text body paragraph style while the second set are in the Default paragraphs style. Open the Styles and Formatting tool with the menu item Format -> Styles and Formatting (or choose the second icon down at the far right of the Sidebar). Pick the paragraph styles icon at the far left of the five icons near the top left of the tool. Set the drop down list at the bottom of the tool to Applied Styles. You should now see only the Default and Text body styles listed. Either:
1. Select the text in the first paragraph/list and then double click the Default style to apply it to that text.
2. Right click on the Text body style and choose Modify. Pick the Indents & Spacing tab and in the Spacing section, set Below Paragraph to zero.

I have done #2 in the attached file.
Attachments
Example_fjcc.odt
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Fubble

Post by Fubble »

Perfect, thank you.