[Solved] Import spreadsheet into database

Discuss the database features
handiman1010

[Solved] Import spreadsheet into database

Post by handiman1010 »

:D Hi! How do I import the information in a spreadsheet into a new database. I know I have done this before but it has been a few years and I can't seem to figure it out. When I create a new database I thought I could copy and paste the spreadsheet data into the database but when I try to do that it pastes all the date into one cell. Any help will be much appreciated.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 11
MrProgrammer

Re: Import spreadsheet into database

Post by MrProgrammer »

handiman1010 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:54 am How do I import the information in a spreadsheet into a new database.
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Please search first before posting.
Search of Base forum found 421 matches: import spreadsheet

Took me about 30 seconds to find this, less time than it took you to register at the forum and create a topic. I am done helping here.
How do I import an OO spreadsheet into an OO DB?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Mountaineer

Re: Import spreadsheet into database

Post by Mountaineer »

Select and copy a spreadsheet (ctrl+A, ctrl+C)

Switch to Base, don't open the table, but select paste from the context menu (right muse button) of the destination table.

Follow the assistant to map/select columns...
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista