[Solved] Calc stops responding when I copy a cell

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Victor Doig

[Solved] Calc stops responding when I copy a cell

Post by Victor Doig »

I have just bought an ASUS Vivobook preloaded with Windows 11. I downloaded Open Office 4.1.14. Every time I try to copy a cell the program stops responding. Any ideas?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have just bought an ASUS Vivobook computer preloaded with Windows 11. I have downloaded Open Office version 4.1.14.
MrProgrammer

Re: Program stops responding when I try to copy a cell

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Victor Doig wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:17 pm Every time I try to copy a cell the program stops responding. Any ideas?
[Solved] Calc files keeps freezing when I copy a few cells

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

As it seems you are new to the forum and OpenOffice you might be well advised to consider switching from OpenOffice to LibreOffice. There are several good reasons for this, some of which are mentioned here: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information

It's good to start on the best footing for the future. :0)
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
RainBirds

Post by RainBirds »

Victor Doig wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:17 pm I have just bought an ASUS Vivobook preloaded with Windows 11. I downloaded Open Office 4.1.14. Every time I try to copy a cell the program stops responding. Any ideas?
Consider uninstalling and reinstalling OpenOffice. Sometimes, a fresh installation can fix software glitches. Make sure to back up any important documents before reinstalling to avoid data loss.
OpenOffice 4.1.9 Windows 10 and Thenewsinsides