The driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver could not be load

Discuss the database features
magix

The driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver could not be load

Post by magix »

Dear all,

After reading tons of messages on forums I still cannot understand how to simply make an OpenOffice/Libroffice Base :

[*] "The driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver could not be loaded" - "The additional driver class path is..."

I just want to change the path to the new path but impossible to understand where to change that ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Denis
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows Seven
Nick N,

Re: The driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver could not be load

Post by Nick N, »

Good Evening,

I do apologize, but I did not fully understand your question.

After having read some discussions in this forum, it seems the issue comes from adequate version of JRE environnement. I.E. we have to carefully choose the Java motor (either 32bit or 64bit according to proper program).

Check its version and install JRE 17 or later in your Operating System.

Hope having been of any help to you.

Regards

Nick
Libre Office 6.0.7 on Ubuntu 18.04
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I just want to change the path to the new path but impossible to understand where to change that ?
I suspect that the installer stores path somewhere in the Windows Registry making it difficult to modify.
If the JRE was installed with the Windows installer it should be listed at Tools>Options>OpenOffice>Java with the correct path, even if you installed it in a non-standard location. If it was moved after installation you might try using the Add button and use the file picker to try to locate it.
Your error message appears to be truncated but what I see leads me to believe you have something in Class Path which could be the source of your error. Generally the Class Path is best left blank, so it won't interfere with apps that need to set their own Class Path.

Another option. Use Windows Settings>Apps and see if it will allow you to Modify the Java installation.
On my Windows computer the JRE from Oracle will only allow me to Uninstall not Modify the JRE.
Personally, I prefer an open source JRE from
https://adoptium.net/temurin/releases/?version=19 because it seems to see more updates than the Oracle version.
A JRE from there should allow you to Modify the installation.

If your signature is correct and you are using OpenOffice 4.0.1 then you will definitely need a 32 bit (x86) JRE for Base to work with the Embedded HSQL database engine.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Nick N,

Post by Nick N, »

My dear friend,

Not knowing whether to report or not, I nevertheless give you following address (if it is of interest to you), from which you might download an AO 3.OOo full package (Java included) in a unique .exe file.

Here it is https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... i=89978449

I have the program running with ubuntu wine32 (windows 7).

For Apache Open Office 4.1 and later, please take a look at https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... i=89978449

With kind regards

Nick
Libre Office 6.0.7 on Ubuntu 18.04