[Issue] Editing slides & notes

Discuss the presentation application
torinarg

[Issue] Editing slides & notes

Post by torinarg »

If I use powerpoint I can edit slides AND notes in the notes tab without changing the view.

In Libreoffice so far I only seem to be able to edit my notes by switching the view to "Notes", but I can't edit the slides themselves until I switch back to the normal view.

Is there a way I can get a similar behaviour to PowerPoint in that I can edit both in the same view?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged Issue.
LibreOffice 7.5.5.2 - win10
LibreOffice 7.6.x - ubuntu
Hagar Delest

Re: Editing slides & notes

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Not that I know of.
As a workaround, you can open 2 windows: one with Normal view for the slides and one with the Notes.
Either you dock them side by side if your screen is large enough. Else Alt-Tab.

It may have been requested already, see [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

My test, using linux (Xubuntu) suggests that any attempted alterations to the slide when in Notes view are made on a separate layer to the underlying picture of the slide and the Notes text. I have found no way to show or incorporate this layer into the Slide view. Hagar's suggestion of a 2 window view seems to be the best approach.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
torinarg

Post by torinarg »

Thank you - I shall try that!
torinarg

Post by torinarg »

Well, I _would_ try it - unfortunately, for that I need to register a user on the bugzilla there at https://bz.apache.org/ooo/createaccount.cgi (as listed on the "[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions." link above).

Unfortunately, that seems to be suspended:

User account creation has been disabled. New accounts must be created by an administrator. [...]

emailed the admin...
Hagar Delest

Re: [Issue] Editing slides & notes

Post by Hagar Delest »

Indeed, I remember a discussion on the AOO mailing list about being invaded by spammers. You need to ask the dev mailing list to have an account IIRC.

Anyway, here it is:
- Issue 56172 - editing slides and notes on the same tab (AOO)
- Bug 47448 - UI: Make it possible to type notes in a separate dialog/dockable window or toolbar (LO)
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10