[Dropped] Inserting Photos and Editing

Talk about anything at all....
catskillbob

[Dropped] Inserting Photos and Editing

Post by catskillbob »

In just the past few days, the parameters for "insert" have changed. The vignette function is significantly less useful than previously...can it be improved or can I retrieve the old parameters? The ability to sharpen images also seems to have gone away. And also, when I choose "save copy" after editing it no longer assigns a suffix, thus I cannot save both the original image and the edited one. This is a problem, or am I missing something?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No response to questions -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Inserting Photos and Editing

Post by FJCC »

I don't recognize some of the terms you use. I have never encountered a vignette function or "save copy". Please explain exactly what you are doing and where these tools are, or were, found.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Are you asking about OpenOffice Writer or some image editing program? "Save a copy" is available in GIMP, not OpenOffice Writer.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

On the OpenOffice Save/Save As file dialogs check "automatic file name extension" (a sticky setting) to cause OpenOffice always to add an automatic extension appropriate to the file type in use.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

If this is about the Photos app in Windows 10, see:

Windows 10 Photos: Red Eye, Clarity, and Aspect Ratio Changes
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04