[Solved] Can't remove an extension completely even after factory restart

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
Jannes

[Solved] Can't remove an extension completely even after factory restart

Post by Jannes »

I just work with Libre Office (windows 11 / Libre Office 7.5.2.2) for a day or two and it is really great and I'm happy that the community have made this! (yes I wil donate a bit for that ;) )

I needed a date inserter in Calc so I installed an extention called: calcalc calender for calc

It worked but it gives me an anoing extra bar with only the 3 icons of this extention over the full with (above the sheet and beneath the toolbars).
Knipsel forumvraag.JPG
Knipsel forumvraag.JPG (47.78 KiB) Viewed 4198 times
I tried to get them out there and into the extention tab bar as that will take much much less space. but that doesnt work....

I downloded another date inserter and that works and does not show up in een extra bar (python calender for calc) and i wil use that as it does the job for me so i dont need calcalc any more

I removed the the extention via the extention manager and it is no longer in the list of extentions but surprisingly....it REMAINS in that anoying special menubar.... :roll:

Okey...I completely reset Libre office to factory settings...(have to put in all my preferences once again) but when I opened calc.... this bar with the calcalc icons still was there (and was usable)

How o How can I get really rid of calcal and that extra bar???? (cant find any solution on internet)

hope somone here can help me out and I give you a big thank you on forehand! :-)

warm greetings from Holland!
Jannes
Last edited by Jannes on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windows 10
libre office 7.5.2.2
RoryOF

Re: cant remove an extention completely even after factory restart

Post by RoryOF »

I cannot answer for this specific case, but often, if one right clicks on an add-on toolbar, one gets various options, perhaps to move the toolbar, lock it in position, or delete it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Jannes

Post by Jannes »

Thanks Rory!

I tried that before but I figgured out (just now) you have to right click on an icon in the toolbar.... now I could close the toolbar! Thanks (i dont know how to open it again but thats the problem not on this moment ;-) )

but... I know the extention Calcal is stil there somewhere and it would be nice to delete it permanently (and to know why a factory reset doesn't do that)
windows 10
libre office 7.5.2.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Deleting the OpenOffice User Profile should completely remove _all_ extensions.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Jannes

Post by Jannes »

Thanks! Ik think I solved it sort of :)
(and I think I never try another extention ;-))
Thanks a lot!!!!
windows 10
libre office 7.5.2.2