[Solved] Download and install new version of AOO

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mlaurevelay

[Solved] Download and install new version of AOO

Post by mlaurevelay »

I started using AOO for Mac probably in 2011, when I lived in the US. It would update automatically. The last check was performed on 05/09/18; I have no idea why AOO stopped doing automatic checks and updates. The version I have on my new Mac (copied from my old Mac) is 4.1.1.
I now live in Europe but so far it hasn't been an issue for me to use that version. I received several warnings that I should update my version but has only tried to do it today. When I click on Preferences -> Online Update -> Check Now I get an error message (see screenshot attached). I don't know what to do to keep my settings and not have to install a completely new version. Please help if you can.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 17.07.40.png
Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 17.07.40.png (71.42 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 on MacOS 13,4,1
MrProgrammer

Re: Download and install new version of AOO

Post by MrProgrammer »

mlaurevelay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:12 pm It would update automatically. … I have no idea why AOO stopped doing automatic checks and updates.
OpenOffice never installed the updates. Check for Update is exactly that, a check to see if updates are available. You must to install them, but that is very simple.
Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?
Q05: The Gatekeeper won't let me run OpenOffice. How do I proceed?

mlaurevelay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:12 pm When I click on Preferences -> Online Update -> Check Now I get an error message (see screenshot attached).
Q50: The automatic updates feature is not working. How do I fix it?

mlaurevelay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:12 pm I don't know what to do to keep my settings and not have to install a completely new version.
The only way to update OpenOffice is to install a completely new version. However your settings are kept in the user profile, and the user profile is not replaced when a new version is intallled so you keep your previous settings.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Legendarion

Post by Legendarion »

Wasn't this update-thing fixed on newer version? I do remember it was listed as fixed in the release notes. It was either on 4.1.10 or 4.1.11.
OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2
Windows 10 Home 22H2 x64
DiGro

Post by DiGro »

Well, it is. ;)

But as Mr. programmer said:
MrProgrammer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:51 pm Check for Update is exactly that, a check to see if updates are available. OpenOffice never installed the updates. You must to install them, but that is very simple.

AOO 4.1.15 (Dutch) on Windows 11. Scanned with Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure)