[Solved] Impress slide show off center

Discuss the presentation application
High_Iron

[Solved] Impress slide show off center

Post by High_Iron »

When running the slide show, the display is centered, but immediately displays the first slide at far left. This continues for all slides. This does not happen in LibreOffice, but LibraOffice's Impress keeps crashing, so I would like to get OpenOffice's Impress working properly.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] (using LibreOffice) -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Impress Slide Show Off Center

Post by Hagar Delest »

Could you be in presenter mode?
Do you have a 2nd monitor or is it the only one?
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It is possible that the Windows Desktop is being extended to include the Projector screen. I think the computer screen and the Projector screen should be configured as separate screens, not the one large, extended screen.

Check your settings when the Projector screen is detected.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
High_Iron

Post by High_Iron »

Hagar Delest:

I had checked the 2nd monitor issue several days ago when I was having Firefox mount offscreen. It turned out that my PC's display settings were set for two monitors when I only have one, so I corrected that several days ago. I double-checked that yesterday.

I can't find anything in OpenOffice Help about presenter mode. I think you're talking about when the presentation will display notes on the presenter's monitor but not on the display to the audience. I could never get that working about 8 years ago on other presentations, so I'm not using that and don't have Notes Page checked.

Thanks.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

It may be a LibreOffice feature, don't remember exactly.

Try LibreOffice, it may help. See also [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
High_Iron

Post by High_Iron »

RoryOF,

I'm not sure what you mean. In my PC Settings, I have my PC set up for one monitor. I can't find anything in Help about the projector screen.

Sorry I don't understand.

Thanks.

By the way, I gave the presentation using LibreOffice yesterday without any problem. I'll continue trying to get OpenOffice Impress to display properly.
High_Iron

Post by High_Iron »

Hagar Delest:

Thanks. I gave the presentation using LibreOffice yesterday without any problems. I'll continue trying to get OpenOffice Impress working correctly.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

When one plugs on a projector, the computer must be told (at least the first time) whether to extend the desktop to the new device, or to treat it as a second screen.

Within Impress, on /Slide Show /Slide Show Setting one can also select which screen on which to display the presentation.
 Edit:  If you want to play with your various settings to find the correct ones, a computer monitor can act as a temporary projector substitute. When the correct settings are found you should make a note of these, both as needed for the operating system (computer) and for Impress (Slide Show settings). I found it useful years ago when I used Windows to write these on a sticky label and attach this to my laptop.  
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
High_Iron

Post by High_Iron »

RoryOF:

Thanks.