[Solved] Option OpenOffice → Appearance does not change application background

Discuss the drawing application
NOxxGAME

[Solved] Option OpenOffice → Appearance does not change application background

Post by NOxxGAME »

Hello..
when changing the "application background" color in draw does not change application background. when changing the "document background" color changes both the application background and the document background. this function works correctly in writer and incorrectly in draw

Edit: Changed subject, was Application Background 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by NOxxGAME on Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10 22h2
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Application Background

Post by Lupp »

Sorry. There aren't too many volunteers coming to the Draw branch of this forum.
I do now and then. But reading your question I first of all find terms I don't know:
"application background"
"document background"
What's that? By which means (menu paths e.g.) did you set them?

Please don't expect helpers to like funny guessing.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
NOxxGAME

Post by NOxxGAME »

Sure,

Tools -> Options -> Appearance -> application background & document background

this is a way to customize the appearance of openoffice. Document background should change the color of the page. IE black and the entire page would print black. Application background is the color of the area surrounding the page. If you modify these in writer, for instance. you can set the document background to "blue" and the application background to "red" to get a blue page surrounded by red application. However in writer, there seems to be a bug that when u set the "document background" the color also applies to the "application background." in other words, the application background setting does not control the application background color as it should. Instead, the document background setting controls both colors and the applicaiton background setting does nothing.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Tools -> Options -> Appearance -> application background & document background

this is a way to customize the appearance of openoffice. Document background should change the color of the page. IE black and the entire page would print black. Application background is the color of the area surrounding the page. If you modify these in writer, for instance. you can set the document background to "blue" and the application background to "red" to get a blue page surrounded by red application. However in writer, there seems to be a bug that when u set the "document background" the color also applies to the "application background." in other words, the application background setting does not control the application background color as it should. Instead, the document background setting controls both colors and the applicaiton background setting does nothing.
It works for me in my Libreoffice 7.4.7.

Try the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
NOxxGAME

Post by NOxxGAME »

this is the first time someone suggested libre office to me. it sounds like its better all around. Thank YOU!
Hagar Delest

Re: Option OpenOffice → Appearance does not change application background

Post by Hagar Delest »

About switching to LibreOffice, see [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10