[Solved] All mail merge labels are the same

Discuss the word processor
tannenba

[Solved] All mail merge labels are the same

Post by tannenba »

Don't know if this is the right place, but I just tried my mail merge as usual and now instead of different address on each label, I get a page full of the same address. Tried going back to 4.1.12 and same thing happens, so I must have changed a setting somewhere? I've been doing this the same for a couple of years for Christmas cards, etc. I double checked everything and can't find what I am doing wrong. I really need help on this as I don't want to have to recreate my databases.

Edit: Changed subject, was mail merge on labels 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by tannenba on Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10 Pro
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: mail merge on labels

Post by Villeroy »

Hit Ctrl+F9 to toggle between field names and contents.
Each label should have a <Next Record> field for the correct record set.
If your mail merge fields look like <Database_Name.Recordset_Name.Field_Name> there should be a field <Next Record:Database_Name.Recordset_Name> at the end of each label.

If your labels are made of table cells rather than frames, the last table cell must not contain any <Next Record> field.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
tannenba

Re: mail merge on labels

Post by tannenba »

CardList-merge.odt
(11.91 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
I attached my merged file. It has a red ball at the end and I can't see what's after. This has been working for the lat 3 yrs and up to two month ago for me, can't figure out what changed. Also, I tried my merge list from last year and it fails the same way. Only change was my update from 4.1.12 to 4.1.14.
tannenba

Re: All mail merge labels are the same

Post by tannenba »

I couldn't see anything, so I recreated the cardlist merge and it worked ok???
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] All mail merge labels are the same

Post by Villeroy »

OK, this is a page with 14 tiled frames. The top-left frame is editable, the others are linked to the first. The frames do not have any <Next Record> field. May be you have deleted it by mistake.
Put the cursor at the end of the first frame and call menu:Insert>Fields>Database>Next record and pick Carlist.Cardlistbk from the database selection.
Push the [Synchronize Labels] button and save the document.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice