Font and icon sizes are too small

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
HowardJ

Font and icon sizes are too small

Post by HowardJ »

I have recently had to replace my failing HD TV/monitor with a 4K monitor.

I have had no problem installing AOO, I've been doing it since it was Star Office 5.2, and I can scale up the window contents to a reasonable size, but not the contents of the tool bars etc. (Is that the GUI??). They are just too small for my old eyes to see them properly.

Is there some way to enlarge them too?

Edit: Changed subject, was Font and Icon size problem 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited topic's subject
AOO 4.1.14
on various machines running PCLinuxOS (KDE desktop). It all began with StarOffice 5.2 - I've still got the disk!
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Font and icon sizes are too small

Post by Bill »

Have you tried changing the Scaling and Icon size settings in Tools > Options > OpenOffice > View > User Interface?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

But don't you have the same problem with the other applications too?
What about changing the dpi setting on a system level?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
HowardJ

Post by HowardJ »

Thanks, Bill, That helps with icon sizes, but nothing seems to enlarge the page labels at the bottom right in a Spreadsheet.

Yes Hagar I do in some, e.g. Irfanview run through Wine, others seem to adjust. I'll see if I can find out how to change DPI in KDE settings.

I had earlier been able to solve the problem in the KDE System Settings by changing the monitor resolution to 2880x1620. The monitor automatically scales anything it's sent to full screen. But the latest version of KDE doesn't allow that.
AOO 4.1.14
on various machines running PCLinuxOS (KDE desktop). It all began with StarOffice 5.2 - I've still got the disk!