[Solved] Mail Merge into Draw Document

Discuss the drawing application
ramses505

[Solved] Mail Merge into Draw Document

Post by ramses505 »

I have an exisiting ms Pub document that I have setup to mailmerge numbers from an external Excel sheet - can LibreOffice Draw do that as well - I mean can it mail merge info to a field in the Draw document ?

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Q: Can Draw do that?   A: No
LibreOffice 7.5.1.2 - Windows 7 Pro
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: Mail Merge into Draw Document

Post by Bidouille »

Mailmerge feature is only with Writer
ramses505

Post by ramses505 »

OK, that confirms that. Thanks very much for taking the time to read and reply, its appreciated.
LibreOffice 7.5.1.2 - Windows 7 Pro
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

ramses505 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:08 pm I have an exisiting ms Pub document that I have setup to mailmerge numbers from an external Excel sheet - can LibreOffice Draw do that as well - I mean can it mail merge info to a field in the Draw document ?

Thanks for any help.
Draw supports database forms with form controls. Contrary to mail merge fields which are elements of surrounding text, form controls are boxes with fixed widths. In order to generate one Draw document per record, you would need a farly simple macro (print/save -> next record -> print/save, ...)
Attachments
serialDrawing.odg
Drawing with biblio form and macro
(16.96 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice