How do I use "Multi-Line with Formatting" in a Base Form?

Creating and using forms
Mopar

How do I use "Multi-Line with Formatting" in a Base Form?

Post by Mopar »

Hi All,

I am a new user trying to make a form that will allow me to use formatted text for taking notes (bold, italics, etc.). When I format a text field using "multi-line with formatting" it is not communicating with the corresponding data field in the table. When I enter text into the field, that text does not change when I move to another record. When I change the format to "multi-line" everything works fine; I am able to enter new text for each record, and the text is transferred to the corresponding data field in the table. I have tried setting the table fields types to "Memo [LONGVARCHAR]" etc., but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
OOo 3.4 OSX
arfgh

Re: How do I use "Multi-Line with Formatting" in a Base Form?

Post by arfgh »

bump, how to use that in base ?

Edit: Mopar was last active in the forum more than ten years ago with the single post above, and seems unlikely to return. arfgh has a duplicate question in [Base] different words color in a textbox control?. Topic locked to avoid fragmentation of discussion. Respond to arfgh in their own topic.
2023-03-20 -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator  
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version