[Solved] Another instance is accessing your personal settings «Q17»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
innergreet

[Solved] Another instance is accessing your personal settings «Q17»

Post by innergreet »

Will my NeoOffice 2017.33 document files migrate to LibreOffice? I use Mac Big Sur. NeoOffice seems to have become unusable. I get this message:

"NeoOffice 2017.33 Professional Edition

Either another instance of NeoOffice is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked.
Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should make sure user 'barbara' closes NeoOffice on host 'Barbaras-MacBook-Pro-2.local'.

Do you really want to continue?"
--
SHOULD I continue? What should I do?
-
 Edit: Changed subject, was Personal settingss locked 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
NeoOffice 2017.33 Professional Edition on Mac Big Sur version 11.7.4
Hagar Delest

Re: Personal settingss locked

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!
innergreet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:50 am Will my NeoOffice 2017.33 document files migrate to LibreOffice? I use Mac Big Sur. NeoOffice seems to have become unusable. I get this message:
Yes, that's the point of open standards like ODF.

For your access problem, if you are sure there is no one accessing the file, delete the .lock file (hidden file) that should be in the same folder than the file.
It is a problem with accessing the file, not a problem with compatibility.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Sometimes there is a lock file in the root of the OpenOffice User Profile; this should also be deleted, when OpenOffice is closed.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

innergreet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:50 am Either another instance of NeoOffice is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked.
Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. … Do you really want to continue?
Mac FAQ Q17/A17: Another instance of … is accessing your personal settings … Do you really want to continue?

innergreet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:50 am Will my NeoOffice 2017.33 document files migrate to LibreOffice?
Fix the problem as recommended in A17. Then you can decide if you want to migrate.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

That's the link I gave above. In an existing discussion, as a way to say that this has been asked and answered already.
innergreet

Post by innergreet »

:bravo: I can't thank all you far-flung moderators enough!
NeoOffice 2017.33 Professional Edition on Mac Big Sur version 11.7.4