LibreOffice 7.5.0 on Windows 7 - Anyone Running it Successfully?

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
LastUnicorn

LibreOffice 7.5.0 on Windows 7 - Anyone Running it Successfully?

Post by LastUnicorn »

Are any folks out there using LibreOffice 7.5.0 on Windows 7 successfully? It crashes with an error in kernelbase.dll while starting up on both our 32-bit and 64-bit Win7 test virtual machines.

I'm not asking for myself as I'm on Windows 10 now but PortableApps has run into a problem with it and can't get it to work.

Windows 7/8 Users: Does LibreOffice 7.5.0 run on your machine?
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
RusselB

Re: LibreOffice 7.5.0 on Windows 7 - Anyone Running it Successfully?

Post by RusselB »

I have a Windows 8 system that has LibreOffice 7.5.0 on it and haven't had any problems.
I don't know about Windows 7, but just thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in regarding this.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Mr.Dandy

Post by Mr.Dandy »

Run Windows 7 in safe-mode and try again if the problem still occurs
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

This is not an answer to the question, but a workaround suggestion:

If I were given a Window 7 vintage computer, I would install a linux distro on it as sole operating system, and run OpenOffice or LibreOffice on that.

Bear in mind that with some linux distros (Ubuntu varieties, possibly Debian also) one can make a Live USB with Persistence, and test the setup from that before venturing to a complete OS installation, admittedly with a boot speed penalty.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS