Install OpenOffice 4.1.13

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
arnettce@gmail.com

Install OpenOffice 4.1.13

Post by arnettce@gmail.com »

I am running Windows 11 on a Dell laptop. I cannot install Open Office 4.1.13, and I cannot uninstall it from my computer. Have tried EVERYTHING I can think of. HELP!
Open Office 4.15 at Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Install Open Office 4.1.13

Post by FJCC »

Please explain what happened when you installed OpenOffice, what happens when you try to run it, and what happens when you try to uninstall it.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

Not at all clear what you are asking. Do you want to install OpenOffice or uninstall OpenOffice?

If you want to install what happens when you try to do so?

If you want to uninstall what happens when you try to do so?
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Install OpenOffice 4.1.13

Post by Hagar Delest »

OpenOffice has several issues with recent Windows versions it seems. Either from OS updates or security layers.
You may try LibreOffice. It comes from the same code base but more actively developed, with a better integration with the OS.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
arnettce@gmail.com

Post by arnettce@gmail.com »

LastUnicorn wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:15 pm Not at all clear what you are asking. Do you want to install OpenOffice or uninstall OpenOffice?

If you want to install what happens when you try to do so?

If you want to uninstall what happens when you try to do so?
I want to install it CORRECTLY, or uninstall it if I can't fix the problem. Microsoft says it can't FIND 4.1.13 to fix OR remove it, but it is on my desktop.
Open Office 4.15 at Windows 10
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Did you download OpenOffice starting from www.openoffice.org?
When the download completed, did you run the installation process?
Where there any errors during the installation?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

Does the folder on your Desktop have Installation Files anywhere as part of its title? If so it is safe to completely delete it; it is not required by an installed OpenOffice or Windows. It contains just what its title implies, installation files and nothing else.

Instead of struggling with OpenOffice on Windows 11 you would be best advised to switch to LibreOffice. There are several good reasons to do so, some of which are given here: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

arnettce@gmail.com wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:08 pm ... I cannot uninstall it from my computer. ...
Sometimes the install-files are searched to do the uninstall. You may download them from archives, if you have not kept them.

But in some cases only manual deleting the folder and cleaning with tools like revo uninstall helps to remove software to get a clean install. ( OK - re-install if the OS is also a possibility... )

Compare fir LibreOffice:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/cant-upgr ... l-lo/87202
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista