The requested operation requires elevation

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
gemstones

The requested operation requires elevation

Post by gemstones »

All was well - and then I suddenly get the message 'The requested operation requires elevation' whenever I try to open .ods,.'ods etc. I've tried to find help but don't understand the advice! Please help! Simple instructions please :? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OpenOffice.
RusselB

Re: The requested operation requires elevation ???

Post by RusselB »

OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
LastUnicorn

Re: The requested operation requires elevation ???

Post by LastUnicorn »

Of late there have been multiple issues reported with OpenOffice particularly on Windows 10 and 11 systems. Often times the solution is to switch to LibreOffice. There are several good reasons to make the switch, some of which are stated here: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information Give LibreOffice a try and see if the issue disappears.

P.S. You have not stated your operating system nor what version of OpenOffice you are using. Update your forum signature with that information.
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10
gemstones

Re: The requested operation requires elevation

Post by gemstones »

SIGNATURE
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Windows 10
gemstones

Post by gemstones »

I have read the previous replies on this subject but none of them helped
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

Are you now using LibreOffice or OpenOffice? You don't say if you actually tried an install of LibreOffice. To help folks reading your posts you have to state (a) what you did, and (b) what the result of that was.

In any case I found the following in which a user, RogerBowonTQ, claims to have solved this issue. The fix he found is on page 2 of the help article: Windows 10 the requested operation requires elevation LibreOffice files From my reading of the help article it seems that you have to instruct your swriter.exe to not launch as administrator.
Last edited by LastUnicorn on Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

I now also found this were the suggestion is do run swriter.exe as administrator. This link has the advantage of explaining how to get to the appropriate Windows file setting so worth a read: 4 Ways to Solve the Requested Operation Requires Elevation [MiniTool Tips]