[Solved] Network/Cloud storage for templates

Using them, Making them, Finding them
pegbasher

[Solved] Network/Cloud storage for templates

Post by pegbasher »

Is it possible / how do I store templates in the cloud so that they are available to my PC, my laptop and my tablet. And, as another related query, how do I locate the, apparently hidden, directory containing the template files.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Re: Network/Cloud Storage

Post by keme »

Typically, your templates are in a designated subfolder of the AppData folder for your user profile, and the AppData folder itself is hidden.
To use a different set of templates, you can copy them into the folder or add a shared folder to the templates path. The latter is what I prefer.

Like so:
  • Make sure your templates store in the cloud is synced to a folder on your computer.
  • start an OpenOffice app
  • Select menu item Tools - Options
  • In the left pane, expand the top branch (OpenOffice)
  • Select the Paths node
  • You get a pane on the right with a list of different paths. Select Templates and click the Edit... button
    This is where you can also find the full answer to your other related query
  • Click the Add... button, browse to your cloud-synced templates folder and click OK
  • If you want new templates (Save as... Type=Template) to go in the new folder, click the circle (radio button) beside it.
  • Click OK