Error 1935 when trying to install any version

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
eyebreaker7

Error 1935 when trying to install any version

Post by eyebreaker7 »

I just did a clean install of my system due to other issues. I am trying to re-install some needed programs and OpenOffice is one of them. I have tried to install a couple different versions of it and they all give me the same error message "Error 1935". I've tried the search function on these forums and it didn't seem to help so I am starting my own topic. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. I am NOT a technical genius so please don't use technical terms like I understand them. I'm an idiot. Treat me like one please. I have done the Windows updates available according to the Windows Update function. Honestly it was pretty quick and painless so that worries me that something went wrong. There should be many many updates but I don't think there was even a dozen. I've checked a couple times and it just keeps telling me that I'm up to date. I've tried OpenOffice versions 4.1.13, 4.1.121 and 4.0.1 and they all keep giving me the same error. I've tried going by posts on here telling you how to fix this but honestly I don't get the options they say I should. I'm dumb and don't have a clue what I'm doing apparently.
Lets work with version 4.1.13 if we can please since it's the latest. What am I supposed to do?
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Windows 10 64 bit
I'm not a technical genius like you think I am. I don't understand how these things work so please explain it to me like I am an idiot because I am. Don't use technical terms. I don't understand them. Thanks.
robleyd

Re: Error 1935 when trying to install any version

Post by robleyd »

A search here for that error turns up a number of results - perhaps https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/v ... error+1935 might be helpful.
Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.4.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.4 by Eric Hameleers
---------------------
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
Unexpected '{' on line 32
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

There are have been of late multiple issues posted on this forum of people running into difficulties with OpenOffice on Windows 10 and 11 systems. Often times the solution to the problem is just to switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice. There are several good reasons for making the switch, some of which are given in this thread: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information

You will likely save yourself a lot of time and effort by just switching.
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

If you want to chase the 1935 error, which seems to be a Windows problem, not directly OpenOffice, then you might find this helpful (though it is a bit technical in places): How to Fix the Error 1935 Windows 10? Here Are 6 Methods

From the methods there, if it was me, I would first do a System File Check (SFC), instructions on how to do that are in the article.

If you need to install Visual C++ Runtimes then you can get a package that will install all of them here (I use it myself, it is safe): Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10