[Dropped] Black shapes in slide show, not there in slide building mode

Discuss the presentation application
Morbious8

[Dropped] Black shapes in slide show, not there in slide building mode

Post by Morbious8 »

I'm creating a presentation in Impress and when I run the slide show, there appears black rectangular shapes that cover portions of my presentation. They are there consistently in the same place. They aren't in the Master slide or the slide builder. Different slides have these in different places. I'm stumped. Any ideas? :crazy:
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No attachment provided when requested -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: Impress has black shapes in the slide that are not there in the slide building mode

Post by FJCC »

Can you upload a presentation with a few slides that shows the problem? To upload a file, click Post Reply and look for the Attachments tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Re: Black shapes in slide show, not there in slide building mode

Post by RoryOF »

In addition to a short .odp file, which allows us investigate the internals of the file, a screenshot of what you see onscreen would also be useful.
 Edit:  Also, details of your screen resolution might be helpful; are you using a very high resolution output screen/device?  
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Morbious8

Post by Morbious8 »

Here are a few screenshots of the problem. The .odp file is too large to upload (1.3 mb) I don't know hoe I can shrink it.
Thanks for the help!
Sterling
Attachments
Black Boxes 2.jpg
Black Boxes 2.jpg (18.59 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Black Boxes 1.jpg
Black Boxes 1.jpg (59.71 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

What happens if, in Edit mode, you click on the edge of one of these black boxes? Do eight little green handles show up? If so, press Delete key and the box should vanish.
 Edit:  I reread your original post. The black shapes are not in your edit mode, so please disregard my comments above.

Make a copy of your presentation under a new name (so you don't overwrite the original), then delete most slides, leaving only one or two that show the intrusive boxes when the presentation is run. Then upload that short presentation to the Forum  
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS