[Solved] SAXException: Opening and ending tag mismatch

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
cerdocyon

[Solved] SAXException: Opening and ending tag mismatch

Post by cerdocyon »

Hi Everyone

I hope someone can help me. I tried following the steps of other related topics with no success.

I am encountering the following error while opening a very important work file:

SAXException: [word/document.xml lineAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: sdtContent line 2 and del ./sax/source/fastparser/fastparser.cxx:619', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 108675 ./writerfilter/source/filter/WriterFilter.cxx:213(row,col).

If I proceed trying to import the data I lose most of my work

File link is https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1ycyhf0l ... 7oftuzmr4y
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice on Ubuntu 22.04
FJCC

Re: SAXException: [word/document.xml lineAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch

Post by FJCC »

I have a version with 31 pages. If you send me a private message with your email address, I will send you the document. The version you posted had many xml errors. Please check the content very carefully. The complexity of the document might be more than OpenOffice can handle comfortably.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Re: SAXException: [word/document.xml lineAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch

Post by FJCC »

I should mention that I opened the document in Word after fixing the xml structure. I do not know how it will look in OpenOffice.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
cerdocyon

Re: SAXException: Opening and ending tag mismatch

Post by cerdocyon »

Thank you so much! I've sent you a private message
OpenOffice on Ubuntu 22.04
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: SAXException: Opening and ending tag mismatch

Post by John_Ha »

All the SAX exception errors I have seen have been created by a now obsolete version of LibreOffice. The bug has been fixed in later releases.

I recommend you tell the creator of the .docx file to upgrade to the latest version of LO.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.