Microsoft IRM blocks Excel file after disk recovery

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
MCarm

Microsoft IRM blocks Excel file after disk recovery

Post by MCarm »

Edit: Split from IRM (Microsoft Information Rights Management) because you need your own topic, especially since your situation seems to be somewhat different. 

Edit: Este es un foro en inglés. Si prefiere discutir en español, hay OpenOffice Foro de la comunidad
If you post again in Spanish the topic will be locked. -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator  

Hola!

Alguien ha podido resolverlo? Yo tengo una situación similar y este es el único post referente a ello que he podido encontrar en internet. Solía utilizar Office en WIndows y tenía un documento de Excel protegido con contraseña (yo conozco la contraseña). Hace unos días cambié a Linux Mint y por error borré todos mis archivos, incluyendo este Excel. Afortunadamente logré recuperar todo de mi disco, pero mi archivo excel ahora tiene la leyenda "This workbook has been IRM protected by policy." en una celda. Sólo eso se muestra y no hay ningún lugar donde pueda introducir la contraseña que yo misma le puse. Por favor ayudenme!! :(
 Edit: Translation:
Hi! Has anyone been able to resolve this problem? I have a similar problem and this is the only post referring to it that I have been able to find on the internet. I used to use Office on Windows and I had a password protected Excel document (I do know the password). A few day ago I switched to Linux Mint and I accidentally deleted my files, including the Excel file. Fortunately, I managed to recover the files from the disk, but my Excel file now has a cell the displays "This workbook has been IRM protected by policy." There is nothing else visible in the file and there is not place to enter the password that I assigned to the document. Please help me! 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated subject to add: Microsoft IRM
LibreOffice Linux Mint 21
FJCC

Re: Unable to open Excel file after disk recovery

Post by FJCC »

It is very unlikely that anyone here can help you. IRM is applied by Microsoft and has nothing to do with LibreOffice. If your computer was provided by your employer, the IT department might be able to help. Otherwise, you should try a Microsoft forum.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.