[Solved] Need to install gallery

Discuss the drawing application
coppens1

[Solved] Need to install gallery

Post by coppens1 »

Dear Forum Members, I have Open Office 4.1.5 on my computer with Windows 7. I have a problem with gallery for Open Office Draw: Gallery is on my C: drive at C:\Programs\OpenOffice 4\Share\Gallery, but open office draw is not reading it. How do I get Open Office to read the Gallery that is already there on C drive?
JC
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
Mr.Dandy

Re: Open Office Forum 200422 Need to install gallery

Post by Mr.Dandy »

coppens1 wrote: I have Open Office 4.1.5 on my computer with Windows 7
Update to last 4.1.11
coppens1 wrote:Gallery is on my C: drive at C:\Programs\OpenOffice 4\Share\Gallery
Weird. Did you run with Windows 32-bits edition?
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

• Menu item Tools - Options
  • In left pane expand and select branch OpenOffice - Paths
  • Edit the Gallery entry to add/correct path(s)
You can have multiple paths there. All paths will be searched for existing gallery themes.
If you have multiple folders, one of them will be marked. The marked folder is the one which will receive new themes you create.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Find where your current OpenOffice Profile lives, and, with OpenOffice closed, copy the old Gallery folder to the equivalent location in the new OpenOffice Profile.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

coppens1

Re: Need to install gallery

Post by coppens1 »

Mr. Dandy 260422 Installing Gallery, Windows 7

Dear Mr. Dandy, This Monday, I downloaded 4.1.11 so now the Windows 7 computer has
Open Office 4.1.11 installed. It made no difference in accessing gallery from the draw program. When I click on gallery at the bottom of the draw screen, there is no effect. When I click on Tools/gallery on the top of the draw screen, there is no effect.

When I click on Tools/Options/Path, it shows 'C:\Users\taterb\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\gallery'. I added 'C:\ProgramFiles\OpenOffice4\share\gallery', because that is a second place the gallery folder exists.

Nothing worked. JC
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Can you upload (or share) the three files (.sdv, .sdg, .thm) of your own gallery theme that can not work for you?
I downloaded 4.1.11 so now the Windows 7 computer has
Open Office 4.1.11 installed.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

Dear Zizi646, it's not just 3 files, it is a group of subfolders, each with multiple files in them. I may be able to send you a screenshot of the extensive list of folders. JC
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have you tried to reset your user profile?
If no change, can you upload a screenshot of the AOO windows when you try to open the Gallery?
Note that in LO, it is accessible on the sidebar.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Dear Zizi646, it's not just 3 files, it is a group of subfolders, each with multiple files in them. I may be able to send you a screenshot of the extensive list of folders. JC
A regular Gallery Theme has three files only. When I have created a new theme with some imported and dragged graphical objects (in the sample: two pixelgraphic objects), it has been created three files in the Gallery folder of the user profile . See them in the attachment.
GalleryTheme1.zip
(29.34 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
And the graphical content of the Theme used in a sample .odg doc:
UsageOfTheMyTheme.odg
(34.53 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
the files inside zip archive:
sg876.sdv
sg876.sdg
sg876.thm

Extract these files and copy them into the User Gallery folder of the Office suite. Restart the AOO and check the new Theme in the Gallery.
(Created ad tested in my AOO 4.1.7 portable version.)

The path of the Gallery in my Portable AOO:

Code: Select all

E:\Portable_Apps\AOO_P417\OpenOfficePortable\Data\settings\user\gallery\
And it works, when I copied the three files into the User Gallery folder of my LibreOffice 6.1.6:

Code: Select all

c:\Users\<<myWinUserName>>\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\gallery\
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The file names of the Theme files was generated by the office suite. The file sg876.thm contains the user defined name of the Theme, and the inner (automatically generated) names of the graphical objects. You can check it, if you open the .thm (THeMe) file in a simple text editor, like the Notepad.
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

Zizi64 270422 Folders,Gallery

Dear Zizi64, I have a screenshot of all the folders in Gallery. The screenshot file is 272KB, but the forum only allows 128 KB, so I will have to try again and get another screenshot. .

Each folder has 20-25 files in it. Types of files are: Scalable Vector Graphics files, PNG images, Gifs, and EMFs.

The folders are arrows, bullets, computers, diagrams, etc. There are 15+- folders, each with many files in them.

JC
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The screenshot file is 272KB, but the forum only allows 128 KB
Convert the screeshot into a 64 color PNG file with the free irfanView, or with an another image converter/manager software.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I have a screenshot of all the folders in Gallery.
Each folder has 20-25 files in it. Types of files are: Scalable Vector Graphics files, PNG images, Gifs, and EMFs.
That is not an appropriate gallery theme structure. You must import them somehow into the Theme files. I do not know if the AOO/LO would be able to use the standalone files as gallery items...
Last edited by Zizi64 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

One could copy the higher folder entitled Gallery, which should also copy the sub-folders, then Paste the copied Folder onto the existing Gallery folder of the new installation.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The folders are arrows, bullets, computers, diagrams, etc. There are 15+- folders, each with many files in them.
There are many Gallery extensions with similar contents:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/?q=& ... s%5B%5D=49
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/se ... ry=gallery
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

Dear RoryOF, thanks for your response.
I installed Open Office 4.1.11, the latest version of AOO, to my HP Laptop with Windows 7 a few days ago to try to correct this problem. No change from when I had Open Office 4.1.7 installed in the HP Laptop with Windows 7 .

When I go to the Draw Screen, and click 'gallery' at the bottom, or 'gallery' under Tools at the top, I get no response.

I added the present location of gallery to the Paths, but no effect.

I have 4 computers. (Dell desktop with XP, HP Laptop with Windows 7, HP netbook with Windows 10 and Dell Laptop with Windows 10. (The HP netbook with Windows 10 is so slow I very seldom use it.)

The only computer that gallery is working properly on is my Dell Laptop with Windows 10. Is it possible there is something about the Operating system that is causing the problem?

I can haul out my HP netbook with Windows 10 and see if it is working there like the Dell Laptop with Windows 10. I will let you know.

Any ideas? JC
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Start OpenOffice on any computer n which Gallery is not showing. Look at the line just over the horizontal Ruler; If there is a heavy black line showing, with a broader grey line above it, as can be seen on the attached screenshot, point to it with cursor and press left mouse button and pull down. The Gallery should then be revealed.
CollapsedGallery.png
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

Dear RoryOF, I will try it, and let you know. JC
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

o RoryOF 280422 Gallery in Draw

Dear RoryOF,
on my HP laptop with Windows 7 and AOO 10.1.11:
, the line above the horizontal ruler did not work, but at the far right of the screen I noticed three bars with an arrow beneath. When I clicked it, I found gallery. The gallery button in the bottom toolbar doesn't work, and the one under Tools>gallery doesn't work, but the new button I found does work. It reveals all the features of gallery.

Then I went back and tried your suggestion again. It turns out that a double line with an arrow on each end appears if you put your cursor in exactly the right place, and the gallery appears!

On my Dell laptop with Windows 10,using AOO 10.1.7: The gallery button in the bottom toolbar works, and the one under Tools>gallery works. But the double line with an arrow on each end does not appears if you put your cursor in exactly the right place. So there is a difference between where gallery shows between AOO 10.1.7 and 10.1.11.

Thanks for helping me solve the mystery of the disappearing gallery
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In the case of the Dell, click on /Tools /Gallery, then examine if the black line and grey line appear. If so, pull down. Once you have the Gallery unhidden, it should remain so, through subsequent turn-off and turn-on actions using /Tools /Gallery. It is simply a case of finding the correct combination both of the command to hide or unhide the Galley (/Tools /Options) and then the onscreen size of it.

If the Gallery is "displayed" in the /Tools /Gallery setting, there will be a shading or some form of outline surrounding the icon beside the /Tools /Gallery setting; it may believe the Gallery is displayed, but doesn't know that the Gallery window has been collapsed - uncollapsing that is what the double headed arrow and dragging does.
coppens1

Re: [Solved] Need to install gallery

Post by coppens1 »

Thanks, I already changed to Open Office 10.1.11 on the Dell also, so that I have the same version on all computers. It is better than trying to remember where gallery is in 10.1.7 vs 10.1.11. I wonder why they changed it. Anyway, thanks very much for your help in sorting the problem out. JC
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I already changed to Open Office 10.1.11
There is not such version today.

The latest LibreOffice version is 7.3.2.,
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

and the latest Apache OpenOffice version is 4.1.11.
https://www.openoffice.org/
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

Right, I meant 4.1.11.