Draw slow, jerky and loses grip of objects during moves

Discuss the drawing application
ToniMassari

Draw slow, jerky and loses grip of objects during moves

Post by ToniMassari »

Hello and thank you for reading this, and for any help you mihgt be able to ffer.

I am using Open Office draw to try and plan my little flat before moving in, because it's going to be hard to fit everyting in, so it's important that I a) draw to scale and b) position everything fairly accurately, to see whether it'll fit

So I created floorplans and perspectives of the rooms, but find that Open Office often slows down to geological time and when I either try and move or resize objects it loses grip (sometimes I get a tiny black square move with the cursor, instead of the object moving with it) and when I try to resize objects usingthe anchor points, it loses grip of those too, often moving the whole object.
wiith a

It's incredibly frustrating but it also makes me wonder whether it's simply because I use a 2017 Mac Book Pro, 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, with just 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 and an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB?

I ask because I am worried that the laptop is on its way out, though only a year or two ago I had the keyboard replaced, and I am told that meant a new battery - it was a warranty repair because the keyboard's breakdown was a known fault.

Thank you again for your kind help.

ToniM
ToniM OpenOffice 4.1.11
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Draw slow, jerky and loses grip of objects during moves

Post by Zizi64 »

Can you share an .odg type sample file here? Then we will able to try it on various PC-s, operating systems, and with the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.