QR code conversion failure from RTF to PDF

Talk about anything at all....
dianajabbour

QR code conversion failure from RTF to PDF

Post by dianajabbour »

Hello,

The conversion of an RTF file to PDF format, the QR code in not being properly converted. We have imported QR Font ftb and QRAlphabet to openoffice fonts, but the issue persists.

Attached you can find the rtd document template used with the following conversion command:
"doc2pdf a2948875.rtf a2948875.pdf".

Would you please advise.
Attachments
a2948875.rtf
(35.99 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic about foreign package "doc2pdf" from Writer forum to General Discussion
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Linux 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: QR code conversion failure from RTF to PDF

Post by Zizi64 »

Attached you can find the rtd document template used with the following conversion command:
"doc2pdf a2948875.rtf a2948875.pdf".
How the doc2pdf software issue is related to the Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Have you tried the PDF Export feature of the AOO or LO?
Last edited by Zizi64 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Please update your signature in this forum.
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Mr.Dandy

Post by Mr.Dandy »

Hello,

Upload your RTF on Zamzar and convert into PDF.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

1. You should not be using rtf files - they are very poor.

See [Tutorial] Differences between Microsoft and AOO/LO files for a description of differences and for why you should always work in, and save Writer files as .odt, Calc files as .ods, Impress files as .odp, etc.

2. File > Export As > PDF ..., works fine using LO and no doubt using AOO.
a2948875.pdf
(52.71 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
dianajabbour

Post by dianajabbour »

Hello,

@Zizi64,
We have an integrated macro in Apache OpenOffice which is calling te doc2pdf software.
We have also tried the pdf export feature, but unfortunately the same error persists since the QR code is not being read properly.

@ John_Ha,
I'm facing the issue on Linux, hence I would like to know if there is any QR specific font to be installed on AOO.
Please advise.

Thank you
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Linux 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The QR code located in your sample RTF file is appered in my LibreOffice 6.1.6 version, but not appeared in my portable Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 version when I open it. Therefore the AOO can not export it, but the LibreOffice can.

Pdf Export of my LibreOffice:
a2948875.pdf
(44.57 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

dianajabbour wrote:@ John_Ha,
I'm facing the issue on Linux, hence I would like to know if there is any QR specific font to be installed on AOO.
Please advise.

Thank you
The QR code in your rtf file is not a font character - it is an image. The PDF I created had only TimesNewRoman and Arial fonts embedded.

Do some diagnosis by adding another image - is that image exported?

Why use doc2pdf? Why not get your macro to File > Export > PDF? We know that works.
Attachments
Clipboard01.png

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

See post above.
dianajabbour wrote:We have also tried the pdf export feature, but unfortunately the same error persists since the QR code is not being read properly.
What do you mean by "the QR code is not being read properly"?

Let's do a simple check. Can you read the QR code in the rtf file? If not, the QR code itself is faulty.

Does the QR code get exported to the PDF but it cannot be read in the PDF by a camera? In that case, check the parameters being used to export the image to the PDF. Are you using or changing it to a JPG because that will give very fuzzy edges?

Are you keeping the 296 x 296 pixel count because, if the pixel count is too low, the code will be blurred and may not read properly?

Please upload the PDF file you create so it can be examined.

The image in the rtf is 296 x 296 pixels.
QR image from rtf file
QR image from rtf file
QR Image.png (469 Bytes) Viewed 3212 times
The image in my PDF is the same - it is 296 x 296 pixels.
QR image from my PDF
QR image from my PDF
QR Image from my PDF.png (1.61 KiB) Viewed 3211 times

Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

John_Ha wrote:Why use doc2pdf? Why not get your macro to File > Export > PDF? We know that works.
And why not use the QRCode generator extension?
:)