[Solved] Thin white line showing in PDF Preview

Discuss the drawing application
davepolit

[Solved] Thin white line showing in PDF Preview

Post by davepolit »

I have the same problem. The Draw picture looks just fine. The exported PDF has this white line on the right side of a perpendicular text.

Here are my two files:

https://fotoshot.co/sample_white_line.odg

and:

https://fotoshot.co/sample_white_line.pdf
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice on Ubuntu 13.04
keme
Volunteer

Re: Thin white line showing in Mac PDF Preview

Post by keme »

davepolit wrote:I have the same problem. The Draw picture looks just fine. The exported PDF has this white line on the right side of a perpendicular text.
Suspected cause of your issue: Your Draw file has a thin white line object to the right of the vertical text. Visible if you zoom in a bit in Draw. Perhaps difficult to hit if you try to click directly on it, but you can drag across to make a selection rectangle (make sure you don't catch the text box, only the line). Now you can delete it. Problem solved.

If you have an issue different from the one I found suspicious, please explain in more detail.
davepolit

Re: Thin white line showing in PDF Preview

Post by davepolit »

Sorry for the bother, and thanks for your very helpful tip Keme, which helped me to find the cause. It was completely my mistake. The very thin white line was part of an imported jpg image. It was so thin, that I just didn't see it until after exporting to pdf. I cropped the jpg and now the white line has disappeared. So please close this issue. Thanks a million :) :) :)
OpenOffice on Ubuntu 13.04
keme
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Thin white line showing in PDF Preview

Post by keme »

This forum is running on software for discussion threads, not specifically created for issue tracking, so an issue report/question is normally not closed. (There is "locking" available to moderators/admins, but that is normally used only if a thread goes seriously off topic or in some other way out of line.)

It is customary to insert a [solved] tag in the subject line of the opening post. A moderator (MrProgrammer) did it for you this time. No penalty for not tagging, but warm thoughts are sent to those who do (and to those who, like you, confirm what the solution was). It helps the helpers, and sometimes it also helps other users searching for a solution. Thanks!