[Solved] Stand alone presentation

Discuss the presentation application
Raven-1

[Solved] Stand alone presentation

Post by Raven-1 »

I just made a presentation in open office impress will the presentation play as a stand alone program or will you need open office to view it. If there is a way to make it stand alone please tell me how

Thanks

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
Apache Open Office 4.1.11
Windows 10 64bit
FJCC

Re: open office impress

Post by FJCC »

An Impress presentation stored as a odp file, the native format, requires OpenOffice or another program to display it. I suppose Microsoft PowerPoint can also do it, though I have never tried that. You can export the presentation as a PDF file with the menu File -> Export as PDF. It can then be displayed on any computer with a PDF reader.I don't think animations work in the PDF and I would certainly preview the document carefully.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
keme
Volunteer

Re: open office impress

Post by keme »

If you have audio and/or animations, I guess the only really standalone/portable solution is to make a screen recording. Video formats avi, mov and mp4 are supported by default on most systems, regardless of platform.

If you are going to run it on MS Windows/Intel platform only, it may be better to use a portable version of the suite. This also requires permission to run external apps. Test first! I don't know whether a portable app exists for other platforms.
Raven-1

Re: Stand alone presentation

Post by Raven-1 »

Thank you so much for your help. Stay Safe
Apache Open Office 4.1.11
Windows 10 64bit