Display drawings without OpenOffice

Discuss the drawing application
coppens1

Display drawings without OpenOffice

Post by coppens1 »

Edit: Split from Open Draw file in other programs for new question from new person 
Dear friends at Open Office Draw, I tried to send my Granddaughter a letter I wrote to her using Open Office Draw, and she couldn't open it. Is there a way to open the Draw documents created with the .odf extension, on other programs, such as Windows Paint? JC
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
RoryOF

Re: Saving an Individual Design(multiple grouping of images)

Post by RoryOF »

Do what I suggested above; in OpenOffice open your file, then use /File /Export and using the File type selector to choose (inter alia) .png, .tif, or perhaps .wmf; she should be able to open any of those. Ensure "Automatic file name extension" is checked
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Re: Open Draw file in other programs

Post by Hagar Delest »

Sorry, I split the topic because coppens1's question is different than the one from LWINTER. Been caught in something else and had no time to move the reply made by Rory in between... And the topics were merged back by someone else.
Split it again if needed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Display drawings without OpenOffice

Post by Zizi64 »

Is there a way to open the Draw documents created with the .odf extension, on other programs, such as Windows Paint?
The Draw is a vectorgraphic application, but the Paint is a pixelgraphic editor. They use basicly different editing methods.

The filename extension of the Draw documents is .odg.

If the recipient only want to see (open) and print the document, then the best file format to send it: the PDF.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
coppens1

Re: Display drawings without OpenOffice

Post by coppens1 »

to RoryOF: Thanks, I will try it and let you know. JC
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP