Errors when trying to open splitting wizard

Discuss the database features
Brooklyn323

Errors when trying to open splitting wizard

Post by Brooklyn323 »

Good morning!

I am attempting to use this wizard: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=61183
My objective is to split my database to protect it from possible data loss in the future. I have opted for the wizard approach because I am by no means an expert with Base, nor even basically skilled, really. But when I downloaded and tried to open the file, I got two errors.

Error #1 - "Error1: An exception occurred. Type: com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException. Message: the name contained invalid characters. (line: 17)"
Error #2 - "The connection to the data source "Split_HSQLDB_Wizard_v3c" could not be established. The driver class 'org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver' could not be loaded. The additional driver class path is 'file:///C:/Users/Public/databases/AutoValueFix/driver/hsqldb.jar'

I tried to follow non-wizard directions for the splitting and I think I did something wrong within the first 5 steps, so I really could use some assistance...

Thank you!
OpenOffice 3.4.1
Mac OSX 10.9.5
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Errors when trying to open splitting wizard

Post by Villeroy »

How can we tell you what you did wrong if you don't tell us what you did?
Which name may contain invalid characters? Only you can know. Do you use files with apostrophes, quotes, braces and white space in the name?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Brooklyn323

Post by Brooklyn323 »

Ohhh... you're right. It's not my file name, there's a space in the name of my office's network drive. I'm going to ask and see if they can change it.
OpenOffice 3.4.1
Mac OSX 10.9.5
DKO75

Post by DKO75 »

Hi all,

I have the same issue the splitted database created with the wizard above works well until I try to place it on a network share, then I get the following message and I can't open the database:

Setup: macro code error
Type: com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException

Does anyone know how to fix this?

thank you for your help!

Laurent
Libre Office Version: 6.2.7.1.lin1 (x64)
Build ID: ac167a92e33a5447f0bf604564addc465dbb4b35
Windows 10 Pro