Programming with Openoffice.org Calc in VB.Net

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
kishu

Programming with Openoffice.org Calc in VB.Net

Post by kishu »

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to programme with "OpenOffice.org calc" in vb.net.
Actually i have a vb.net application which deals with MS Excel to read and write data, now i want to support same for "OpenOffice.org calc" also.

I have already installed "OpenOffice.org calc" in my machine (windows xp), Can anybody suggest which DLL's needs to add as references to vb.net IDE.
It helps me a lot if you have provided some sample code.

Thanks in advance,
Kishore.
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Re: Programming with Openoffice.org Calc in VB.Net

Post by B Marcelly »

kishu wrote:Can anyone help me to programme with "OpenOffice.org calc" in vb.net.

I have already installed "OpenOffice.org calc" in my machine (windows xp), Can anybody suggest which DLL's needs to add as references to vb.net IDE.
Hi,
Programming questions should be posted in section Macros and Uno API. The sub-section External Programs could be used for such a question.

There is no specific DLL to add. OpenOffice is all you need. Note that OpenOffice.org does not provide a « type library » for COM. Consequently you can only use IDispatch interface and « late binding ».

Programming OpenOffice.org through VB.NET can be very similar to code from OOo Basic macros.
In the VBx OOo tools you will find explanations, many helper routines, and examples to handle easily OpenOffice.org through VB.NET.

To learn how to use the OpenOffice.org API you should search the internet for OOoBasic tips and documentation, or read a book on OOo Basic programming.
Last edited by B Marcelly on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernard

OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.0.5
MS-Windows 7 Home SP1
Hagar Delest

Re: Programming with Openoffice.org Calc in VB.Net

Post by Hagar Delest »

B Marcelly wrote:Programming questions should be posted in section Macros and Uno API. The sub-section External Programs could be used for such a question.
Thread moved.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10