Window Manager for Writer

Shared Libraries
Forum rules
For sharing working examples of macros / scripts. These can be in any script language supported by OpenOffice.org [Basic, Python, Netbean] or as source code files in Java or C# even - but requires the actual source code listing. This section is not for asking questions about writing your own macros.
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

For easy adding and resizing new document Windows and saving a Window layout so it doesn't have to be set up again when the document is reloaded.

This extension is preliminary and hasn't been extensively tested. I'm posting it as some may find it useful as is.

CONSIDER PRE-BETA, USE AT OWN RISK. If problems don't use.
Always make regular backups of your work.

Install Extension

Set a shortcut, menu or toolbar item to this macro which shows the Window Menu:

Library: JeWindow,
Module: AAUser
Sub: ShowWindowMenuAA
Attachments
JeWindow.oxt
(55.71 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Window Manager Help.odt
(96.01 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: Window Manager for Writer

Post by JeJe »

This and my last Outline one are examples of how many requested features for OO/LO could be implemented in BASIC. This ones complicated, but often quiet easily, if anyone was minded to do them... instead of them remaining program feature requests for years... even decades...

I have a number of projects like this one - giving Writer a makeover - but only one lifetime so they may remain unfinished. Its very time consuming getting something ready for other people to use and testing in LO as well as OO. It took me best part of half an hour with this one to pin down that LO 7.0 unexpectedly crashes with setpossize(0,0,0,0,15) - their bug, not mine.

The intention with this one was a version that links Writer window borders with other application windows such as a browser window. (Windows only, as WinAPI needed). May or may not ever get round to it...
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
AndresSolar

Re: Window Manager for Writer

Post by AndresSolar »

cool. working on something similar but this looks excellent. thx a lot, JeJe (as always ;)
LO6.2 on OS-X Mojave 10.14.3