"Unprecedented Demand" for OOo 3.0

Talk about anything at all....
crusader
Volunteer

"Unprecedented Demand" for OOo 3.0

Post by crusader »

As a long time fan and user of OOo, I was tickled at the "unprecedented demand" for OOo 3.0. My feelings were not hurt that the OOo website had to make adjustments (for the lack of a better term), to accommodate continued downloads. On the contrary, I was proud the demand "crashed" the website.

Admittedly, while downloads do not necessarily equate to usage, it does reflect extensive interest in the application, which will expose many more people to this great software and hopefully enhance usage significantly. The outlook (not Outlook, for you M$ addicts :)) for OOo gets brighter with each version! My guess is individuals and organizations sitting on the fence will explore and adopt OOo as their primary office application now that version 3.0 is formally released.

Once again, my sincere gratitude to the developers, this forum (and its volunteers) and all other supporters. God Bless You.

Edit note: smiley drag and drop not working -- removed code. Manual smiley added -- which, amazingly, brought on the real smiley.
LO 7.x on Linux Mint
In a world without walls, who needs Window$.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: "Unprecedented Demand" for OOo 3.0

Post by TheGurkha »

Let's hope all those who download it use it, like and advocate it.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
crusader
Volunteer

Post by crusader »

TheGurkha wrote:Let's hope all those who download it use it, like and advocate it.
Amen!
LO 7.x on Linux Mint
In a world without walls, who needs Window$.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
pineywds

Post by pineywds »

glad to hear there's such a demand .... ironically, I'd just completed downloading/updating to 2.4.1 (without a chance to delve into it), when got the notification that 3.0 was available, followed immediately by the system overload notice. That's okay, I can wait ... while seeing, perhaps, some user responses in the meantime. Thanks, Sun, OOo, et al.
(Can't wait to see the diminution of MS :lol: )
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
warrick nelson

Post by warrick nelson »

One download onto my memory stick - three installs so far and counting. We've been having issues with people not being able to open docx etc formats - OOo3 resolves all that - great!
Runnin' Ute

Post by Runnin' Ute »

So when does the portable release? ;) I not only downloaded 3.0 yesterday to my HD, but the 2.4.1 portable at portableapps.com to my flash drive. Now just to get the same version both places........
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP