Unable to save in MS office format

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
amit

Unable to save in MS office format

Post by amit »

Hi all
I am new to Oo. and just started to using it

I 'd installed open office 2.3.0 on my laptop, it was preinstalled with MS Vista home premium edition and MS Office 2007 trial version.
I've uninstalled MS offce 2007.

Now whenever I do some editing in any MS office file (doc, xls etc) Oo gave the same message as "This document contain formatting or content that cannot be saved in MS word 97/2000/xp format"

check the attachment gif image for more idea.

Any suggestiongs for this problem..
Attachments
Error Message
Error Message
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: Unable to save in MS office format

Post by AndrewZ »

That's normal. Just in case you lose some formatting or contents, save one copy each in OpenDocument (ODF) and Microsoft Office formats. Then, open the Microsoft Office format. If it's OK, then you don't need to save that particular document in ODF.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: Unable to save in MS office format

Post by foxcole »

amit wrote:Now whenever I do some editing in any MS office file (doc, xls etc) Oo gave the same message as "This document contain formatting or content that cannot be saved in MS word 97/2000/xp format"
You missed an important word: "This document may contain formatting..." This message is a standard one that OOo pops up whenever you're not saving to one of its native file formats (odt, odm or ott, for example). It's not a very useful message and causes more confusion than it prevents. The issue tracker does have some related enhancement requests, I believe, to improve the warning messages and make them more specific and useful. Sorry I don't have time to look them up for you, but if you're interested, here's a link to the issue tracker:
http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling ... ssion.html
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit