[Solved] Change images to original size & centered in cell

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Nemesis

[Solved] Change images to original size & centered in cell

Post by Nemesis »

This is a "2part" question.

I've got a game-list, that I've imported to OpenOffice.
My problem is that the images isn't original sizes and not centred in the cells, they are "free floating"..

Is there anyway to modify them ALL, instead of one at a time?

I got 900 of them...

2. How do I center the image, I haven't found any center function..
Last edited by Nemesis on Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Openoffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Change ALL images to original size & centered in cell

Post by Zizi64 »

The images are not located inside a Cell, but they are located on an independent graphic Layer.

Trere are Macro examples, how to align pictures to a cell virtually.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34544
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

1. Use IrfanView to batch resize each image to the same pixel count so step 2 works.
2. Use IrfanView to create a vertical or horizontal panorama image of all 900 images. You now have a long strip of all 900 images.
3. Insert the panorama image and position as required. Set row height or column width to the image size so everything lines up immediately.

Doing 900 full size images will give a huge file - minimise the pixel count at step 1 so as to reduce the file size. It may help to do 100 images at a time for 9 files.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Zizi64 wrote:...
That macro worked great thx.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

John_Ha wrote:1. Use IrfanView to batch resize
The images in the cells are original 1.72x2.43 cm but are 0.93x1.29 in the cells.
To get one to the original size, I right-click on the image and select "Original Size"..
There must be a way to get the calc to fix all at once..

I tried making a macro, but the action wasn't recorded.

Making one long image isn't a solution, since then I can't sort the table..
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

You must WRITE your macro (based on the API functions) if you want to work efficiently with the macros.
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Zizi64 wrote:
You must WRITE your macro (based on the API functions) if you want to work efficiently with the macros.
I almost guessed that, that's why I tried to record one to see what to write. I have no idea how to get it to restore the images..
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34544

Check Charlie Young's macro code in the linked topic.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Zizi64 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34544

Check Charlie Young's macro code in the linked topic.
I've seen the code, but since I don't know the command to set the original size, and the code is above my understanding..
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Nemesis wrote:I don't know the command to set the original size, and the code is above my understanding..
Extract content.xml from the .ods file and use a simple Regular Expression (see the tutorial) Find and Replace to change all sizes to what you want. One search will do all 900.

This is from a spreadsheet with two images. The first is reduced while the second is full size. svg:width="205.69mm" svg:height="292.24mm" sets the image size while svg:x="13.85mm" svg:y="124.92mm" sets the location of the image top left corner on the page.

Code: Select all

<draw:frame draw:z-index="0" draw:name="Image 1" draw:style-name="gr1" draw:text-style-name="P1" svg:width="205.69mm" svg:height="292.24mm" svg:x="13.85mm" svg:y="124.92mm">
	<draw:image xlink:href="Pictures/1000000000000B200000085887098DB214D00F46.jpg" xlink:type="simple" xlink:show="embed" xlink:actuate="onLoad" loext:mime-type="image/jpeg">
		<text:p/>
	</draw:image>
</draw:frame>
<draw:frame draw:z-index="1" draw:name="Image 2" draw:style-name="gr1" draw:text-style-name="P1" svg:width="784.15mm" svg:height="567.36mm" svg:x="13.85mm" svg:y="451.59mm">
	<draw:image xlink:href="Pictures/1000000000000B200000085841BC8802082C6B82.jpg" xlink:type="simple" xlink:show="embed" xlink:actuate="onLoad" loext:mime-type="image/jpeg">
		<text:p/>
	</draw:image>
</draw:frame>
 Edit: Edit to correct statement.

Note that images in a spreadsheet are located relative to the page or cell location and are not anchored to cell content so images will not move if you sort data. But, if you anchor to a cell and add a row so the cell moves, the image will move. See the Calc Manual for details. 
First, find a way to do it manually which survives the sort. The automate that process. Do OLE objects get anchored to data? - check the Calc manual.

If you want images to move with data then it may be better to use a simple database with a report for the sorted data and associated images.
Last edited by John_Ha on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

John_Ha wrote:
Nemesis wrote:I don't know the command to set the original size, and the code is above my understanding..
(see the tutorial)
Which one?
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

The comment applies to regular expressions. As you cannot understand macros do it a different way you can understand.

However, I think it is all moot. Does a sort move the images when the data moves? It does not move the images in my test file.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

John_Ha wrote:The comment applies to regular expressions. As you cannot understand macros do it a different way you can understand.

However, I think it is all moot. Does a sort move the images when the data moves? It does not move the images in my test file.

I meant you wrote "see the tutorial" but I don't know where it is (about extracting content.xml)

If the images are.. Wait a moment, you're right, wtf :x ?, If an image is anchored to a cell, it should move when the cell is moving..
.. At least in my pretty little world...
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Nemesis wrote:If an image is anchored to a cell, it should move when the cell is moving..
.. At least in my pretty little world...
Learn the difference between a cell and the content within a cell.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I did this way back with excel....
Is there no way to get the image to the cell-content, or use some external link?
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

If an image is anchored to a cell, it should move when the cell is moving..
Cells never moving. The Cell A1 always will be located in the left-top corner. Only the cell contents moving.

When you delete the row 7, then the seventh row will not missed: only the contents will be deleted, and the contents of the other rows will be shifted "up".
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Well, let's get back to the original question, getting the images to original size..
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Unfortunatelly the API command

.setPropertyToDefault
can not work with the string parameter "Size" nor "Height" nor "Width".

https://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/com ... State.html
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Gee.. never thought it would be this complicated.
I think I did all of this way back with Microsoft Excel in 07..

Well, I did at least get my question answered.
Thx for the help..
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Change images to original size & centered in ce

Post by Zizi64 »

The solution is not in the command "setPropertyToDefault", but it is in the relation of the methods/properties

oItem.Graphic.Size100thMM.Width
oItem.Graphic.Size100thMM.Height
and the

oItem.Size.Width
oItem.Size.Height
The "oItem.Graphic.Size100thMM." contains the default size values of the image, and the "oItem.Size." contains the resized values (of the frame??).

Here is a sample file with the embedded macro code.
It works fine in my permanently installed LibreOffice 6.1.6 and in the AOO 4.1.5 portable version.
SetDefaultSize.ods
(12.57 KiB) Downloaded 124 times