OpenOffice crashing while I use Calc

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Anduma22

OpenOffice crashing while I use Calc

Post by Anduma22 »

I'm wondering about why exactly OpenOffice crashed from time to time when I was using Calc and lost a little of what I typed in so I'm making sure I save more often as I work in Calc.
I don't know how to get around this and whether I'll have to uninstall OpenOffice then reinstall it but don't want to go that far yet.
Feel free to share your thoughts sometime.
Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10 Home
RusselB

Re: OpenOffice crashing while I use Calc

Post by RusselB »

There have been several posts regarding OpenOffice crashing. Some of these have potential resolutions. Please use the Search function on the forum to find these posts. I suggest using the search term "Open Office Crashing" with the quotation marks.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Anduma22

Post by Anduma22 »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as in what I can do in the meantime so I'll do the search.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10 Home
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

...or you can try the LibreOffice.
If it crashes too, then you must examine the Spreadsheet file, looking for the cause of the error,
...and you need examine your PC (looking for cause of the error in the hardware or the environment.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.