[Solved] Inserting Envelope problem

Discuss the word processor
xairetech@gmail.com

[Solved] Inserting Envelope problem

Post by xairetech@gmail.com »

Inserting Envelope in writer as #10 envelope, positions sender information about 3.5" to the right and similarly for the addressee.
The only fix I can find is to manually move both items to the left in appropriate positions.

I tried altering the frame positions detail, that change re-positioned the data field(s) but was not saved for a new file.

Is there a way to preset the configuration, so that Envelope insert works correctly?
Last edited by xairetech@gmail.com on Sat May 09, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opoenoffice ver.4.1.1
robleyd

Re: Inserting Envelope problem

Post by robleyd »

Moved from Writer Tutorials - please don't post questions in the Tutorial forums.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Inserting Envelope problem

Post by John_Ha »

The moved frame stays in the new place for me when I save and re-open a .odt file. AOO 4.1.7.

I think the Envelope template is fixed so don't use it.

See p314 in the Writer Guide for how to define your own envelope format.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
Attachments
test.odt
(11.68 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.