A question about pie chart segments

Discuss the spreadsheet application
ArkantosDG

A question about pie chart segments

Post by ArkantosDG »

I'm trying to create a pie chart that displays a series of data, some of which are related to one another. For example, I have data sets 1 thru 7, each with their own segment of pie determined by their percentage chance of occurring within the whole data set. However, data set 1, 2, and 3 have multiple discrete elements to them, and I was wondering whether I can have this displayed on the pie chart?

Basically I have 7 data sets to represent on a pie chart, each with their own colour, but can I also have a data set segment split into different elements but still all be part of the same segment colour?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
OpenOffice v4.1.5
Windows 10 Home
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: A question about pie chart segments

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload a small, ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
ArkantosDG

Post by ArkantosDG »

Hope this helps, but if you have more questions, let me know.

FYI, I'm a newb when it comes to formulas and other Calc-based operations, so there's probably easier ways to do what I've already done, but meh...
Attachments
GTA Online Load Times.ods
(52.75 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
OpenOffice v4.1.5
Windows 10 Home
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

Okay, if I have this correctly you are interested in the data in the table Lucky Wheel Spins and only want to include the non-zero results in the pie chart. Is this correct?
BTW, if so I count 8 not 7 non-zero items.
 Edit: Sorry i sse why you say 7 now. 
The issue is that you want to group or, somehow flag, the subgroups based on the categories in the % to win column. Am I understanding this so far?

BTW, why a pie chart? They tend to be flashy but not terribly good at conveying information.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04