[Solved] A session manager to save+reload all documents...

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
PeaceByJesus

[Solved] A session manager to save+reload all documents...

Post by PeaceByJesus »

Hi, I have been an appreciative user of Apache OpenOffice for about 20 years, and usually am have many documents open that I am working on. However, I would like to be able to shutdown AOO and then choose to have it simultaneously reopen all the documents I was working on, but unless I do a hard shutdown of AOO (I know, not recommended) then it will not load then, meaning I must do so individually.

While the History Master extension helps with this (enables choosing how many docs are shown in the Recent Documents list) and the "indispensable" Bookmark Menu extension enables me to bookmark docs, yet an optional saving of sessions and automated reloading of such is what I am looking for, but find none.

This is a 2009 Last Session Multi extension ("This tool enables to store and reload up to 10 different document sessions") that used to work, but it no longer does with new versions. What such an extension would be comparable to would be the excellent Session Manager for Firefox ESR.
Last edited by RoryOF on Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] and green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 3 3200G CPU; 64GB RAM
Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord. peacebyjesus.net (pages created in Open office)
RoryOF

Re: Looking for a session manager/save+reload all documents.

Post by RoryOF »

The macro code in it looks straightforward enough. Tweaking it to suit the latest version of OpenOffice ought occupy a few hours of lockdown for whosoever needs it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

RoryOF wrote:The macro code in it looks straightforward enough. Tweaking it to suit the latest version of OpenOffice ought occupy a few hours of lockdown for whosoever needs it.
A few hours, wow. Is this like trying to get TabMixPlus features to work in Quantum (though I know AOO is not a browser)?
Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord. peacebyjesus.net (pages created in Open office)
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

I have an unfinished one of these which I haven't done any work on for a while. I can't post it here as the maximum allowed file size is 128 KiB and its bigger than that - but if you send me a private message with your email address I'll post it to you on a just for you and use at own risk basis.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

JeJe wrote:I have an unfinished one of these which I haven't done any work on for a while. I can't post it here as the maximum allowed file size is 128 KiB and its bigger than that - but if you send me a private message with your email address I'll post it to you on a just for you and use at own risk basis.
Thanks. I sent you an email with my email, though I would not know how to code it.
hubert lambert

Post by hubert lambert »

Hi,
PeaceByJesus wrote:This is a 2009 Last Session Multi extension ("This tool enables to store and reload up to 10 different document sessions") that used to work, but it no longer does with new versions. What such an extension would be comparable to would be the excellent Session Manager for Firefox ESR.
It was just a matter of upgrading the extension to the new addon.xcu changes.
Regards.
Attachments
lastsessionmulti-1.0.3.oxt
(29.45 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
AOOo 4.1.2 on Win7 | LibreOffice on various Linux systems
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

hubert lambert wrote:Hi,
PeaceByJesus wrote:This is a 2009 Last Session Multi extension ("This tool enables to store and reload up to 10 different document sessions") that used to work, but it no longer does with new versions. What such an extension would be comparable to would be the excellent Session Manager for Firefox ESR.
It was just a matter of upgrading the extension to the new addon.xcu changes.
Regards.
Thanks. I uninstalled the older version in both AOO and LOO and restarted each, then added your newer version and restarted each, and which adds a short toolbar with two icons which offer to save session and load session (which is the only place you will find these). So thank you so much and God bless. I think this should be a standard feature. Now to load those all...