Post by rleonetti »

Edit: Split from [Solved] Printing Comments in the Side Panel 
Printing Comments: older solutions before no longer match choices
Now in the printer dialog you do have four choices for print comments:
None
Comments only
Place at end of document
Place at end of page
All choices end up with "none" ; no comments are printed.
I did notice in forum posts that Libre Open Office has a 5th choice that prints the page smaller with the comments as they appear on screen. I have no info whether any Libre Office choices work.
Help: I need to print my comments along with the text.
An alternative, if it exists, would be to use footnotes but there would need to be some way to eliminate all of them in the final document other than one-at-a-time.
Last edited by robleyd on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: New question should not be posted in solved topic; remove Known Issues icon
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
RoryOF

Re: Printing Comments in the Side Panel

Post by RoryOF »

I have just tested. Print comments at end of page seems to print the comments on an inserted blank page, inserted after each page with comments. Print comments at end of document puts all comments on a blank page at end of document. Of course, it may be different on a Mac.

After you select the option to print comments, it may take a moment or two for the dropdown to react - this depends on number of comments.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: Printing Comments in the Side Panel

Post by JeJe »

Alternatives to using comments are:

Using text frames (or even form control labels) and positioning those in the margins of the page.

Having a Character or/and Paragraph style for your notes and showing/hiding those by setting the style hidden property.

Edit: It might be fiddly but I guess you could use drawing controls as well as there's a textbox with those.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)