[Solved] Same font & size but text prints in different sizes

Discuss the spreadsheet application
tomlesser

[Solved] Same font & size but text prints in different sizes

Post by tomlesser »

I have a spreadsheet with 3 tabs/sheets. It contains a lot of text, all Verdana 12 point. Looks great on screen, but when I print it out on paper the text from one of the tabs/sheets is noticeably smaller than it is on the other two. I have selected the cells and set the font; I have selected the cells, highlighted all of the text within the cell, and set the font. It makes no difference; the printed font on one sheet is still smaller than the other sheets. Is there a solution? Thanks!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Tom Lesser
OpenOffice 4.1.7
OS X 10.13.6
tomlesser

Re: Same font & size but text prints in different sizes

Post by tomlesser »

Well, I think I have discovered the source of my own problem. The document in question was originally created in Excel. I opened it in OpenOffice and saved it as an .ods file. I then added 2 more tabs/sheets. Even though Verdana 12pt was used on all three tabs, only the original tab prints with too-small text. The text prints correctly on both of the pages that I added while working with the .ods file. Something in the conversion from Excel must have caused the issue. Lesson learned.
Tom Lesser
OpenOffice 4.1.7
OS X 10.13.6