[Solved] Convert GMT Standard/Daylight Eastern times?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
axelrose

[Solved] Convert GMT Standard/Daylight Eastern times?

Post by axelrose »

I want to make a simple spreadsheet that is a printable size so I can put it on my wall 2 feet away... The Spreadsheet needs to display the GMT(24HR & 12HR) as a column, then the column to the right shows the equivalent Eastern Standard Time.
THEN a couple of rows away another simple chart BUT make that right column be (EDT)Daylight savings Time.

And I'd really love 2 versions, one in 12 hr time and another in military time 24 HR mode.

Now I already know that for EST the value is EST = GMT - 5 HRS and EDT = GMT - 4 HRS

But this is where you wizards of spreadsheets come to wow me and help me out.

POSTED 3/26/2020 @ 2:01 PM E.D.T.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :bravo: :fist:
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.13 :bravo: /Windows 10
The Gov't should pay citizen $5K for Tornado shelters.
That's $3.33 PER LIFE Injured or Killed!
An average, 1,500 people injured/killed yearly from Tornadoes
RusselB

Re: Convert/Make table of GMT Standard/Daylight Eastern time

Post by RusselB »

This is simple enough. Just generate a list of times from midnight to 11 pm (00:00 - 23:00/12:00 AM - 11:00 PM) in one column, then use something like

Code: Select all

=A1-time(5;0;0)
in the second column, then, in the 3rd column

Code: Select all

=A1-time(4;0;0)
Having this displayed in 24 hour or 12 hour time is a matter of formatting the display.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.