Current cell always locked scrolling

Discuss the spreadsheet application
walls

Current cell always locked scrolling

Post by walls »

current cell always acts like I pressed a scroll lock button but the dell Inspiron has no scroll lock button.
I'm running Open Office Calc in Windows 10 home.
If I go into other programs I can maneuver the scroll wheel with normal results.
I contacted Dell support and they had me try Ctrl-S to no avail in Calc.
Apache Open Office 4.1.7 Windows 10 Home
RusselB

Re: current cell always locked scrolling

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
If it just that one cell or is it the entire row?
If it's the entire row, then try Alt+W (Window) -> Freeze
If that is checked, selecting it will uncheck it.

If that is unchecked, I'm going to suggest you try Ctrl+Fn+S as I've experienced the Scroll lock function enabling/disabling with that sequence using other keyboards of the same layout as the Dell Inspirion, but not that specific make and model.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Ctrl-S is the Save shortcut key in the Calc application.

Maybe your file is huge, and it seems to "freeze" during the save procedure.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
walls

Post by walls »

Thanks to RussellB & Zizi64 for responding
I have tried Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Fn-S and Alt-W without success
Let me clarify that I can open a new Spreadsheet, and find that whatever cell I arrow to, that cell is locked when I try to use the scroll wheel on the mouse.
Apache Open Office 4.1.7 Windows 10 Home
Phillip

Re: Current cell always locked scrolling

Post by Phillip »

I think you mean: When you select a cell by mouse or cursor keys, this highlights the cell by showing the cell border as bold. If you then scroll using the mouse scroll wheel, the selection & highlighting does not move from that cell. This is normal behaviour. You will get the same effect if moving the displayed area by using the window slider bars.
Unlike Home/End/Page Up/Page Down or cursor left/right etc which will change the cell selected.

The downside is that any key depressions will change the original cell contents - letters/numbers and even such as Delete/Back erase!
The upside is that you can select a cell, scroll around to look at other cells and then scroll back to find the original cell highlighted.
(Helps if you have selected "Highlight selection in column/row headers" - Tools>Options>Open Office Calc>General).
Open Office 4.1.11, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit