[Solved] Cells formatted as currency display as percentage

Discuss the spreadsheet application
crusader
Volunteer

[Solved] Cells formatted as currency display as percentage

Post by crusader »

Attached is a spreadsheet I created to demonstrate my problem. I have formatted column C to provide values in the form of (US) dollars; however, I get values as percentages.

As part of addressing this issue, I made changes to the spreadsheet by going to Tools -> Customize and (unknowingly) making changes that included making the delete key dysfunctional. I was able to correct the delete key problem by researching this forum; unfortunately, I am unable to find the answer to my formatting problem mentioned in the first sentence. I uninstalled and reinstalled LibreOffice 6.4.0.3 in the hope of correcting the problem, but the problem persists.

Ideally, I am seeking to reset the whole "Tools -> Customize" set back to default (to get rid of all changes I unknowingly made), but cannot figure out how to do it.

All assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Example.ods
(16.61 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed subject, was: Formatting Issues
LO 7.x on Linux Mint
In a world without walls, who needs Window$.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Re: Formatting Issues

Post by erbsenzahl »

I selected the percent values and hit CTRL+M - the Dollar symbol showed. - Cheers
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

My tip:
Use the Cell Styles instead of the manual (direct) formatting method.

The Styles are the most valuable feature of the Apache OpenOffice and the LibreOffice.
It is an excellent tool for efficient working.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

crusader wrote:I am seeking to reset the whole "Tools -> Customize" set back to default (to get rid of all changes I unknowingly made), but cannot figure out how to do it.
Go to Tools | Customise and select what you want to reset, e.g. Toolbars, Menus etc. and use the Reset button at the bottom right of the dialog box.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
crusader
Volunteer

Post by crusader »

Thank you for the supportive responses!

Erbsenzahl, your handy trick did the job.

Zizi64, in the decades of working with spreadsheets, I have yet to explore Cell Styles: I will do so now and see if it has the same charm for me. Thank you for the suggestion.

Robleyd, thank you for addressing the reset issue, (the other being why didn't Calc respond to my formatting). I tried resetting my customizations before posting my concern; however, I didn't see any difference - which may mean I didn't do as much "damage" as I thought.

I will mark the issue as resolved.
LO 7.x on Linux Mint
In a world without walls, who needs Window$.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.