Corrut ODT file

Discuss the word processor
rappm

Corrut ODT file

Post by rappm »

All

My wife was creating a book containing odt word file and JPEG pictures when the power fluctuated. When she tries to get back into the file she gets ASC11 filter options box. With settings Default fonts: Times new roman Language: English Paragraph Break: CR/LF checked. No mater what you check or change in this block all you get when it tries to open the file is a page full of #########. Unfortunately she did not have time to save it before the power fluctuated. I tried some of the stuff that I saw on the board but no luck. Any ideas would be welcome. I have a attached it as a zip file. Thanks Mark
Attachments
When you heart aches-working copy.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
windows10 openoffice 4.1.6
FJCC

Re: Corrut ODT file

Post by FJCC »

Take a look at the link below to see if you can recover a temporary version of the file
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Nothing usable in your file. Follow FJCC's link as soon as you can; you may or may not recover some, all, or no content.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

For the future working:

- Always use the native, International Standard ODF file formats.
- Never work directly on a removable media (thumbdrive, etc...)
- Always (and often) create more than one (timestamped) backup copies for your important documents.
- Wait at least minute after the saving procedure - before you shut down the computer.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.