[Solved] Table splitting across page but doesn't need to

Discuss the word processor
LeslieParker

[Solved] Table splitting across page but doesn't need to

Post by LeslieParker »

Hello, I'm trying to use a table for my resume and it is breaking onto other pages even though I have made sure the Allow table to split across pages and columns. It does not have enough text in the rows to require it to go to the next page but it is doing so anyway. Please help, I need to start looking for a job asap but first need a resume!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Chromebook
robleyd

Re: Table splitting across page but doesn't need to

Post by robleyd »

It may be that you have a number of empty paragraphs in the table, added by pressing Enter. Press Ctrl + F10, or use View | Non-printing Characters, to see if this is the case. If so, you'll see empty lines with a pilcrow ¶ (paragraph marker). You can delete these.

Otherwise, upload a sample file showing the problem - not a screenshot. [Forum] How to attach a document here Note maximum file size is 128K. If your file is larger, use a file sharing site such as Mediafire and post the link here. The link also contains information on how to anonymise your document if it contains confidential information.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
LeslieParker

Post by LeslieParker »

Thanks, I did have the see all formatting and hidden items clicked on. Here's the link to the document: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fubln7vw6 ... d.odt/file

Thanks so much for your help!
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You have a row of the table that overlaps to the second page. Delete that, or reduce the content line spacings in the first Row to allow that second row move up on to the first page.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The height of the first row is set to 1.23" minimum and the row height of the second row is set to 9.28" minimum, but the text area height is only 9.42", causing the table to be split over three pages. Set the minimum row heights back to the .01" minimum or at least to something that will fit in the text area.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
LeslieParker

Post by LeslieParker »

Thank you! Yesterday was one of those days where I couldn't see the trees for the forest (too overwhelmed by everything to calm down to see the details)!